Daisypath

Friday, May 8, 2009

Life...

Next week I get to go home for a visit. Rob and I are going to a wedding on memorial day weekend. I'm going early because I want to visit some with my family. Rob can't take off work because of his schedule, he'll fly out on Friday the 22nd. I'm excited to get to spend time with my family and then see friends on that Saturday. We'll be heading up to my parent's house in the Poconos to spend the weekend. The wedding is only an hour and a half from there. We'll have to leave on Monday to return back to Michigan. We're driving the car we are buying from my brother. It's a champagne 2004 chevy cavalier. It has all the requirements we were looking for in a car. Good gas mileage, under 100,000 miles, excellent condition and safe. Any review I've read on this kind of car has been positive. This will help my brother out too since he wants to buy a bigger vehicle for work.

I'll be visiting my family, especially my grandfather, because he has been ill the last couple of months. My parents are afraid that it might get worse even though he seems to be doing better. He just sleeps a lot. He had to have a liter of water taken out of his lungs on Monday. He also doesn't weigh very much and is weak. I want to be sure to spend time with him while he is well. My parents seem to think he won't be around much longer. I miss home anyway and we had planned this trip for a while (the wedding part).

I'm learning a lot about trusting God again. I think this is definitely a life long lesson to struggle with. We always have to struggle between what we want to happen and what God's plans are. I know I have a hard time when it comes to not knowing what will happen. I may not even have a plan, I just want to know what will happen. I always have had this thirst for knowledge and wisdom. I want to know what will happen and how to handle situations that come along. We're in a strange spot right now where we want to leave Michigan but have no other options around us. All the doors we thought we would walk through seem to be closing. I know something will open up soon. I want to have a deeper sense of hope and trust. . . the kind that has full confidence in God and his ability to take care of even my basic need. I don't want to have to worry if we will be able to pay bills or afford insurance.

Thanks for listening...

PS: maybe I'll try to get Rob to write something on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment